CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Aug 3, 2009

Babe #2 (Warning: Bare Belly Photos)

Ultrasound Profile
Ultrasound Leg
Ultrasound It's a Girl

It's about time I publish about the baby in waiting. I don't know why it's taken me so long...maybe because she doesn't have a name yet. I should tell you that I have had this secret desire to keep her all to myself and our little family. I don't like leaking information. Her arrival has only been a far off date and only proof of her existence is my expanding belly and her movements that are only for my own knowledge. I don't know why it is. I guess my pregnancy (and birth) of Leah was all too public.

I can't hide any longer. I am much larger with this baby than with Leah and I'm getting pretty close here people. It snuck up on me. So here are the much requested belly shots you've all been waiting for and a few of the ultrasound pictures for documentation purposes. I'm 27 weeks and all baby.

27 Weeks Babe 2

This pregnancy has been very uneventful which has been really nice. Leah's first 2 trimesters were the same way. This time around I was sick with a cold and then sinus infections for the first couple of months which in turn made me nauseous from medications. But I still was much better off than most! I totally held it together emotionally this time around...I don't know what the heck Leah did to me but I was an emotional wreck with her the first trimester or maybe I have just matured :) This second trimester has been utterly uneventful. Again good. One other thing that is different is that this baby girl is really low riding. It doesn't even seem right. I keep thinking she might fall out. Leah was so far up and in it was hard to tell I was pregnant at all.

27 Weeks w/Leah

The one thing I look forward to the most about this baby girl coming is Leah's interaction with her. Leah has wanted a sibling for so long and refused to believe we would have anything but a sister for her. When the ultrasound technician told us it was a girl Leah had this expression on her face like..."What the heck did YOU expect it to be?" No biggy for her. For the last 6 months she has spoken about her sister in her play and refers to the baby as "my baby". She tells me everyday how her sister will soon be involved in whatever she is doing. She will be a very good big sister.

SO. Now for suggestions or opinion. I have come to the conclusion that we will not be able to agree on a name for this little girl. So I'm letting Kellen name her with the idea that I can name the next. Kellen really wants to name her Sadie Mae. It's a cute name but for some reason I am struggling with it (probably because my grandparents had a dog named Sadie). What do you think? Any suggestions? He told me I could change the middle name but everyone seems to like it and I think Mae is really pretty. I'm just afraid it sounds hickish. Let me know what you think and I will continue to update on the baby as my 3rd trimester plays out. Due date : Halloween. Kinda fitting for our little family I think!

5 comments:

Ady said...

yay. I love that your due date is Halloween...very fun! And I like Kellen's choice for the name. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Penny said...

I love the pictures! I didn't realize we are due near the same time (my due date is Nov. 10). Glad to know we aren't the only ones who can't agree on a name.

Lisa said...

so cute! I am so happy for you guys! another girl!!! TOO CUTE! And PS, you are the cutest pregger ever! :)

JR and Brynn said...

Yay for all us pregnant chicks together. I am due one month after you. I am so excited for Leah to have a sister. Every girl needs a little sister. That is so special! I am glad your pregnancy has been pretty good. You look great. I really love Mae, so pretty and femanine. I struggle with Sadie too but also b/c my dad's dog is Sadie. :) Good luck...names are hard.

Line said...

Magen you look great!