CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Nov 12, 2009

PROCLAMATION!!! It's a Medieval Party.













        To celebrate all the Holgate birthdays in August/Early September we threw a Medieval birthday celebration. Clint and Riley really like to dress up and I kinda wanted to be over-the-top this year with this and Leah's tea party. It was so much fun!


 Introducing....Princess Leah!

King Kellen and Squire Clint

Friar Kalob and Lady Harmony...and other commoners.

Allison the Gypsy
 
Adam the Wizard


What medieval party would be any good without a feast? Our feast included goblets of juice and silver platters piled with food...and a speech from the king.


Doesn't this look like fun? We really only had enough sunlight for one of the tournament games. We jousted. This included pinning a balloon to our sides and trying to pop our opponents balloon with our Styrofoam lances with pins in the ends. It was so funny...as well as painful because we kept sticking each other! There was also a rule that we had to gallop which made it all the more ridiculous.



We also played slay the dragon with a dragon pinata. After all this I can only imagine what our new neighbors think of us. They probably think we are really into larping :)

A big thank you to everyone who celebrated with us! How cool is it that our family and friends would go out of their way to play along? And by the way...my parents were there as well....they managed to stay out of all my pictures.

P.S. I must mention this cake I made for the party....Doesn't it look incredible? Good news...it tastes as good as it looks!


I had been day dreaming about this cake for weeks. It was a big hit and I need to share one of my favorite food blogs that brought it to my attention, Smitten Kitchen. Follow the link for this yummy recipe.

August 2008

2 comments:

Line said...

That looks like a ton of fun Magen!

BTW can't wait to see pix of the new baby!

JR and Brynn said...

Magen, what an awesome party! I love the idea and all the cool stuff you did. Killer cake.