CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dec 4, 2009

Breakfast Fridays

Every Friday morning Kellen and I go out to breakfast together. A nice marital ritual while Leah's at school. When we go out I really like reviewing restaurants and contributing pictures to Urban Spoon.

So today, I got excited because Kellen found The Ultimate Breakfast Guide written for Salt Lake Magazine that lists breakfast stops throughout Utah by different categories: Diners, cafe's, healthy, etc. We had maxed out on referrals and begun returning to the same places for our breakfast dates a couple of weeks ago. Now I have new places to check out. Woohoo!

While basking in my excitement I thought...hey! Why not document our breakfast adventures on the blog? Here we go Breakfast Fridays!



Today we tried out a new diner, Over The Counter, in the Millcreek area. Open 6:30-2pm...go on in and seat yourself! Oh, make sure you have cash or your check book.



The kitchen is open in the middle of the diner which is cool.



Kellen had the Spanish omlet which LOOKED very good.



I had the French Toast Combo.



The food was good...nothing exceptional but good diner food. Obviously yummy enough for us to clean our plates.

There were a few things that stood out. The meal was cheap for one which is always a good thing. The food was nicely presented which I really appreciate from a diner. The staff were NICE...not friendly which in all honestly can sometimes be annoying...but smiley nice. Also, they were very fast, so fast that I realized I never unzipped my jacket! I think when it comes down to it I would go back for the nice staff. I mean the cook would even look up and smile as he filled orders...



This was my companionship for the morning...studying for the LSAT has taken it's toll.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments: